In the opener match of ODI (One-Day-Internationals) Cricket World Cup 2019, Eng Vs SA where the English cricket team beat South Africa by 104 runs. England’s all-rounder showed an outstanding performance by scoring 89 (in 79 balls) by the bat and sending 2 batsmen in the pavilion by the ball. Ben Stokes was awarded as the player of the match for this awesome performance.
World Cup 2019: Eng Vs SA match result
Batting first the English cricket team scored 311/8 in 50 overs whereas South Africa failed to chase down the target and collapsed its innings at 207 in 39.5 overs.
England Batting Scoreboard
South Africa got off a perfect start by sending Johny Bairstow back in the first over. Then Jason Roy and Joe Root batted well to share a partnership. South Africa again came in the match but Morgan and Ben Stokes added another big stand. Stokes’ aggressive batting helped England to cross 300 runs.
South Africa Batting Scoreboard
In reply, South Africa couldn’t perform well and kept losing wickets at regular interval of time. The South African opener Q De Kock and 5th number batsman Van Der Dussen tried to take care the innings by scoring fifties but weren’t enough and South Africa lost the very first match of CWC 2019 by 104 runs.
Records Broken and Made in the Match 1 of 48 CWC 2019
- Morgan surpasses 7000 ODI runs, he surpassed Graeme Smith (6989).
- Roy slams fourth consecutive fifty-plus score in ODI, this was Roy’s 15th career ODI fifty and a third in this calendar year so far.
- Eoin Morgan amassed his fifth ODI fifty in 2019. He has now career 46 ODI fifties.
- Joe Root smashed his second fifty this year.
- This was Ben Stokes 3rd this year and 16th career ODI fifty.
- This was England’s ninth ODI score of 300+ at the Oval cricket ground.
- This was also the highest against South Africa at this venue.
- This was the seventh meeting between South Africa and Englan in ODI world cup.
- England now has a 4-3 advantage.
- This was England’s 27th win over South Africa in ODIs
- Jofra Archer registered his best bowling figures (3/27) in ODI against England.
- Quinton de Kock surpassed 500 run mark in this calendar year. This was his 22nd career ODI fifty.
- Kagiso Rabada (2\66) now has 108 ODI wickets, he surpassed former cricketer Andre Nel (106)
So that’s it for Eng Vs SA match report. Keep in touch for further interesting facts. Meanwhile, connect with us on social media.
Like Us on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
See Our YouTube channel and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE for regular updates.